Tuesday, January 16, 2024

January & February List; Some Changes

 


January & February List 







Welcome to 2024!

This is going to be a year of changes for the blog and much of it has come about because of me. From late October to the beginning of this year, I had a series of financial, familial, external and personal crises that resulted in a huge anxiety attack and near breakdown. This all caused me to look at my life and work more objectively including as far as the blog is concerned.
There will be some major changes that will be implemented.


1. Weekly Reader and New Book Alert will no longer be separate categories and will now be streamlined into one. It was a bigger deal when I reviewed books that were published between 2000-to the previous year, not old enough to be considered classics but not new enough to be considered new releases or current bestsellers. Now however Weekly Readers are released only a year or two ahead so it's not as big a deal to separate them.
I'm not sure how this will change the Best of the Best Year End reviews. Perhaps I will do a Top 30 or 50 instead of a Top 20 or separate them into genres like Goodreads does. I am open to any suggestions.

Other categories may remain.
LitList will remain because I have more shorter reviews because of the requirements of one of my clients and that LitPick only allows summaries. Classic Corner may continue during a dry spell and I still have hope to continue the Enchanted World series.

2. I will no longer accept free individual reviews. I can't change procedures with some of the regular PR companies or publishers that hire me but I can no longer accept free requests. I understand that writing can be expensive but I am also a writer as well and just like you, I need money to survive. $10.00 here and free reviews there is not going to work.

I would prefer my minimum pay to be at least $35.00 but I am willing to negotiate as low as $10.00 if necessary.

3. As for my regular clients: Henry LeRoi PR, Coffee and Thorn Books, Reedsy Discovery, LitPick, and BookTasters, I will only limit myself to one title per month from each. I have some titles left over to do from last year and I will get to them as promised, but starting in March, I will limit my free book output. This allows me to commit myself to larger projects.

4. The schedule is tentative and will be released on a bimonthly basis. In another means to free myself up for larger projects, I will release reading and reviewing schedules every two months. This gives more wiggle room for deadlines. Titles will be added and some months may be devoted to editing and proofreading rather than reviewing. I will give updates when that happens.

5. I have to get super serious about editing and proofreading. Many people know me as a Book Reviewer and I love doing it but by far the more lucrative and more important jobs center around editing and proofreading. I will emphasize that aspect of my work more and continuously look for such opportunities on Upwork, LinkedIn, and other sources.

I am also calling any PR firms, publishers, authors, and clients to be an active network. If you know of any opportunities, please let me know and refer me to them. I promote you so, please I ask you to promote me.

Please email me about such opportunities at juliesaraporter@gmail.com. 
 My resume is available by request or can be found on LinkedIn.


Well that's the important stuff. Now on with the list:

Best of The Best Books of 2023: Lit List And Other Projects

Best of the Best Books of 2023: Weekly Reader

Best of the Best Books of 2023: New Book Alert

The Traeger Grill and Smoker Cookbook Healthy, Delicious, and Affordable Grill Smoker Recipes With You by Dr. Barbauld Barker
Workbook Fast Like a Girl An Essential Guide to Dr Mindy Pelz's Book by Genie Reads 

Journeyman: A Central City Novel by Indy Perro

Water Doesn't Lie (A Dalton and Gibbs Investigation) by Kim Booth 

Death in the Holler: A Mystery Detective Thriller Series (Luke Ryder Book 1) by John G. Bluck


Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus


The World As It Should Be by Lee Ann Kostempski 


What Happened At The Abbey (The Straithbairn Trilogy Book One) by Isobel Blackthorn 


Try the Leopard's Mouth by Charles Moberly 


Slay Bells Ring: The Rise of the Banner Elk Slayer by S. David Acuff


Flames of Flamenco by Jennifer Ivy Walker


If you have a book that you would like me to review, beta read, edit, proofread, or write, please contact me at the following:


LinkedIn


Facebook


Twitter


Instagram


Threads


Mastodon  


Upwork


Reedsy Discovery 


LitPick


Email: juliesaraporter@gmail.com


Prices are as follows (subjected to change depending on negotiation, size, and scope of the project):


Beta Read: $20-35.00


Review: $35-50.00**


Copy/Content Edit: $75-300.00


Proofread: $75-300.00


Research & Citation: $100-400.00


Ghostwrite/Co-Write:$100-400.00


*These are books reviewed for LitPick and will not be featured on my blog, only on LitPick's site. 


**Exceptions are books provided by Henry Roi PR, Coffee and Thorn Book Group, LitPicks, BookTasters, Reedsy Discovery, and other noted book groups 


Payments can be made to my PayPal account at juliesaraporter@gmail.com


Well that's it. Thanks and as always, Happy Reading.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment