Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Plans for 2020



New Plans for 2020

By Julie Sara Porter
Bookworm Reviews

Happy New Year, everybody! It's the, no it can't really be my fourth year of the Bookworm Reviews can it? Yes it is. What a great reading experience this has been!


For this year, I have some new ideas concerning the blog to expand my interest and read more books.

New Book Alerts-Nothing will change with them. In fact, I already have 15 requests so far!
I hope to get more reviews and writers to be interested. Hopefully this year, I can afford to get my GoDaddy site up and running so the New Book Alert reviews will be moved there. In the meantime, they will remain on the blog.
As always, if you have written or published a book that you would like me to read and review, please contact me at:

Email: juliesaraporter@gmail.com
Twitter: @JulieSaraPorte1
Facebook: Julie Sara Porter
LinkedIn: Julie Sara Porter

Reviews are $10-20.00 per review, except by previous arrangement with certain groups such as Book Tasters, Blackthorn Book Tours, and Net Galley. I will also post smaller reviews that reflect the same opinion on outlets like Amazon and Goodreads.


Weekly Reader and Classics Corner- I have some new ideas and categories to go along with these:


Birthday Books-Once a month, I will post a review of a book by an author whose birthday is that month. The birthday book will be noted in the title.


PopSugar 2020/Goodreads Reading Challenges-This year, I am also participating in a couple of reading challenges. For Goodreads, I plan to read and review 105 books by the end of the year.

For the PopSugar challenge, I will read books that fit the various prompts offered by the challenge.
The prompt will be noted at the beginning of the review

I will post a list that I have made of titles for the Birthday Books, PopSugar Reading Challenge, and others that don't fit the categories but I want to read anyway this year.

Review by Request-This is an idea I have considered for some time but I wanted to make sure that I had enough Readers to try this.
This is similar to New Book Alert in that Readers recommend books but instead of books that they have written, you all recommend books that you have read that you want me to review.


There is no cost. Just contact me giving me the title and author and what you liked about the book. I will thank you at the beginning of the review. Now, I can't make any promises that I will be able to read the book. I use the Jefferson County Public Library Evergreen System and my Kindle, so if I am unable to obtain or afford a copy of the book, I may not be able to read it. I also can't read in too many other languages but English. (I can read French a little but haven't in years.) so I ask that there is an English translation of the book. If I cannot get a copy, I will let you know.
I will try to get to reading the book as soon as I can, but I get backed up sometimes with reviews. I ask that you be patient with me.
If you want to make a Review by Request, you may contact me at:

Email: juliesaraporter@gmail.com
Twitter: @JulieSaraPorte1
Facebook: Julie Sara Porter
LinkedIn: Julie Sara Porter


Hopefully, 2020 will be another great year for Reading. In the meantime, Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment