Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year: New Plans; New Blog

 New Year, New Blog, New Plans
By Julie Sara Porter, Bookworm

Happy 2018, Readers!
Since this is a new year, there are going to be some changes to the Bookworm Reviews. Last year I concentrated on reading and reviewing my all-time favorite books to give the Readers ideas of what I like. That's fine but I can only go so far with that, so I am doing some different things with the blog this year.

I am going to implement a monthly reading schedule and separate reading books in different alternating categories. These categories are;

Weekly Reader- This will be a weekly review of a book written since 2000 with heavy emphasis on books published I'm the past 5 years. I am doing this because I didn't review many new books last year.

Classics Corner- This will be a category that could appear anywhere from two to three times per month and will be a review of books published from the 1990's on down.

Lit List- A monthly list featuring books from a specific topic like last year's fare except it will be different. The entries will be shorter about three or four paragraphs long and the number will be limited to 10 or 15.

Forgotten Favorites- This may appear once a month depending on if I find materials. This is similar to my review of Fifth Grade Monsters and will focus on books that are out of print or I believe have fallen by the way side.

Bookworm Babblings- This won't be a regular feature but will involve my commentary on current political, social, or topical events that deal with books, reading, libraries, and publishing.

So that's it for my new plans. What sections are you most looking forward to? Are there other ideas that you think might work for the blog? Any titles that would be perfect to read? Let me know here or on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment